About the course
The objective of the qualification is to provide learners with the skills and understanding in human resource management (HRM) that align with good strategic decision making to maintain organisations’ competitive advantage. Learners acquire knowledge through an integrated approach of theory in human resource management and practice using real-time activities. Successful completion of this qualification will develop learners’ strategic human resource management and leadership skills and their ability to focus on the requirements of implementing an organization’s strategy.
At the end of the programme, graduates would be able to:-
• Objectively analyze and critically review organization’s existing HR policies and practices.
• Apply the relevant practices and strategies to align organizations HRM practices to organizational objectives and strategy.
• Implement and support in activities relating to constructive organizational change through commitment, leadership, teamwork, safety and values.
1. Strategic Human Resources Management
2. Engagement of Learning and Organizational Learning
3. Leadership Development and Performance Management
4. Global Resourcing Talent and Reward Management
5. Managing Employment Relation and Employment Law
6. Advance Business Research Methods
7. Strategic Change Management
8. Strategic Leadership
Candidates coming into the programme are required to fulfill both the requirements of the Graduate School of Business, Universiti Sains Malaysia which is as follows:-
● Working adults aged 25 years and above with formal academic qualification i.e. Executive / Professional Bachelors Degree, Bachelors Degree; or a
● Diploma / Professional Diploma with eight (8) years working experience in related field and must be 30 years and above at time of application; or
● STPM / A – Levels / Foundation level programme with ten (10) years working experience in related field and must be 30 years old and above at time of application. This will be considered on a case to case basis by GSB.